• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Ok. iDVD is not starting up when I click it or try to open a past project. I can't locate my iLife CD, so for now, reinstall is out of the question. Any suggestion of what could be going wrong or what I could do to fix this problem? Thanks:Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Start up the Console application in the Utilities folder and then start up iDVD. Look for error messages in the Console. You might try the old standbys of fixing permissions and deleting the iDVD preference file.

OP
blackmac11
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Ok, I'll fiddle with things and tell how it went latter on today

OP
blackmac11
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There were several errors in console, but mostly the following phrases were used:

-COULD NOT CREATE PATCH FOR LAYER
-there were a few patches that were "missing"
-and almost every error involved the word "null"

I'll keep trying to mess around with things until I get it right, or fail miserably :p

OP
blackmac11
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haven't had success yet. I guess I'll have to find iLife

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Sounds like a good idea. Those errors seem drastic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.