Forum Censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I ask this question openly, and without prejudice or rancour.

It concerns a post disappearing from one of the Threads. I prepared the post (a quote-reply), I submitted it, I checked it in the Thread for accuracy, all was okay, I moved on to something else.

Some minutes later I returned to the Thread to find my post gone. Remembering what I had written (and fortunately it was still on the Clipboard) ... and here is my question ... "are there auto-triggers used by Mac-Forums and/or any other authority associated with M-F, to remove posts with certain 'flagged' words?"

I hasten to add that there was nothing in the post that contravened Forum rules, which I have just read, and re-read. I'm quite happy to submit to Admin or Moderators what I'm *guessing* was the trigger word. It was used both correctly and properly.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm sending you a PM.

Edit: The forum software censors words, which then are masked. Your particular case was not triggered by the forum software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.