A few questions about my iMac

Reaction score
Ok, I have had my mac for about a year now but i am just now getting into seriously using it.

My first problem is CS4. I bought the master package and my computer doesnt have enough ram for it. I know i can easily upgrade the memory, but what should I go to. I was thinking a 4Gb Ram with a 2x2 setup, that what Apple told me will be good for running this. Where should I buy my cards from or should I just buy a new machine? I don't want to buy a new machine but I will if I absolutely have to. :D

Secondly, I want to burn music into large groups onto discs. I used to be able to do this on my windows machine but I got rid of that. I can only figure out how to burn songs regularly. Like a payback disc that only holds up to 20 songs or so. With windows I was able to burn hundreds of songs onto discs. And and All help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
what Mac do you have =) easier to help if we know that

and I can say, I got an 4years old iMac (think it's 4 years, first generation of intel), works ****ing amazing! dont want to change it, time buy now if I owned a PC, I would serious thinking of getting a new computer =)

Get Toast Titanium, it burns everything ;) even things that you shouldn't burn =) it does what your asking for!

OP
L
Reaction score
Mac specs

I have the first generation iMac Aluminum. It has a 2.0 GHz intel duo core processor. But it only has 1Gb of ram. Adobe says that isnt enough to run the software. I need to upgrade but I want to know if i can limp along right now with 2 Gb or should I just go ahead and get 4gb worth of ram cards and pop them in?
Thanks for the helps everyone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2gig is fine. I have 2gig and have all sorts of CS4 programs open at once.

Do you have one stick of 1Gb or two sticks of 512Mb?

If you have 2 x 512 it would probably be best to buy one stick of 2Gb and see how you get on.

The memory you need is a DDRII PC5300 667Mhz SODIMM 200pin.

The iMac uses laptop memory, so don't be alarmed if it says this in the description.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
Dont know if this is much help, but for your second problem, have you tried burning the songs as mp3s through itunes? I've got a Mac Mini with 1gig and have no problem at all putting 200 songs on one disk.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
You don't needva new machine, you need RAM. Don't buy 2GB buy 4GB. the price difference isn't that big. And you are future proofing that's for sure. It will fly on 4GB.

with the music as stated above burn them as mp3s and not normal music and it will work. I double the toast recommendation.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. Too late on the purchase of memory. I went with the 2 GB Ram card, but I am already thinking about a new machine. I have someone who is interested in my machine . But either way if i need more I will manage some how to get more.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. Too late on the purchase of memory. I went with the 2 GB Ram card, but I am already thinking about a new machine. I have someone who is interested in my machine . But either way if i need more I will manage some how to get more.

2 gb should be fine. I don't have CS4 (do have CS3). As I recall from installing in my lab, Adobe warns you that you don't have enough RAM but doesn't forestall you from installing it. Is that not the case any more?

If you are looking for a new machine, keep in mind the refurbished models. Great machines, full warranty, and often some substantial savings over the model's original pricing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.