New to the MAC a couple if problems

Reaction score
Hi,
Im new to the MAC and am currently facing a couple of problems.

1. when i charge my MAC, there seems to be some kind of static field around the aluminium casing. The feeling is kinda like when you turn on old tv's and u feel a static field on the screen, just that on my mac its prolonged throughout the duration of charging. Anyone encountered this problem?

2. Does anyone know how to use the shortcut key in 'Preview' application?
I've been trying to highlight my .pdf's using shift+command key+H and it doesnt seem to work. Can anyone tell me how i can highlight text in preview?

3. When i load videos on the apple page, it shows a box and a small question mark in the middle, does anyone know what does this mean?

thank you

Reaction score
1 : - aluminum conducts a little electricity, so its probably that. alongside, i think the power-plug for your charger doesnt have a ground attachment. check for thtat.

2 : im afraid i cant help you on that

3 : you probably do not have quicktime or the relevant codecs installed on your mac. search online around and get em and install..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
To see a preview of something, click on it to select it then press the space bar. Press the space bar again to close it or use the arrow keys to see previous/next.

OP
R
Reaction score
Can give me some info on how to get these codes you mentioned?

Anyone encountered the same electrostatic field as me ?

What I'm asking about the preview mode is does anyone know how to use the shortcut key?

thanks for your inputs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz C2D, 2GB RAM
Anyone encountered the same electrostatic field as me ?

Yes, when I first got my aluminum MBP (coming up on two years ago) I definitely noticed that effect. But it doesn't seem to happen anymore - I'm not sure if that's because it has actually stopped happening or only because I've gotten used to it.

Reaction score
Can give me some info on how to get these codes you mentioned?

What I'm asking about the preview mode is does anyone know how to use the shortcut key?

thanks for your inputs!

first, se so you got the latest quicktime, second, Perian (think it's called that) is a VERY good plugin for QuickTime, gives you alot of codec: Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime® components

it's a good codec to play wmv files in quicktime, flip4Mac

mark a selected file, press spacebar, preview is on, use arrows to change to something else, like going to the folder/picture etc above, up arrow key, spacebar to "quit" preview =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.