Looking at 2 models

Reaction score
I am looking for a new computer becasue my gateway not even two years old has died. My brother bought a MAc and i like it. I am looking but am unsure of whether to get the desktop or laptop.

I am currently looking at two models.

The 13 inch 2.0GHz laptop versus the 20 inch 2.4 Ghz desktop.

Anybody have any suggestions on what to get?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
I am looking for a new computer becasue my gateway not even two years old has died. My brother bought a MAc and i like it. I am looking but am unsure of whether to get the desktop or laptop.

I am currently looking at two models.

The 13 inch 2.0GHz laptop versus the 20 inch 2.4 Ghz desktop.

Anybody have any suggestions on what to get?

Thanks

Hi there mate. I am sort of in the same dilemmer as you atm... i cant decide weather to go between a 2.0 ghz mac book or the 2.4 ghz macbook .. :(
Im thinking of just spending the extra cash and going for the 2.4 .. and as for your choice it all depends on what you need it for ! i mean i am taking it to college with me and i need to be able to have portability and power on the go ! so a laptop is essential. I had a acer aspire 8920g which was a big mistake and decied to send it back as it was TRASH !! and switch over to osx. wow life story ;) lol ... hope this helps :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
What will you use it for? If just low key browsing, go with the cheaper. I things like photo editing, movie editing go with the more advanced model, since it will *probably* have better specs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
i am not sure what to get the desktop or laptop

Yes but what do you want to use it for ? do you ned it for school / college / uni ????

OP
U
Reaction score
nope just for the net and applications at work sometimes. I am a police officer so not many functions just on occasion.

Reaction score
If you really don't need the portability, I would go with the iMac. We have both and, when I'm home and want to do some research or do some photo work, I always gravitate to the iMac for the screen size, mouse and overall greater comfort in using it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
If it's staying at home, I'd get the iMac.

13" vs 20" - no contest!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
If you get an iMac, wait until it's updated before you buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
It could be May or June before its updated though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
I suppose if your computer died, you don't have much choice. On the other hand, I think it might be worth it to get a "loaner" until the iMac is updated. It's been a very long time and the current models are quite out of date.

On the other hand, you can also look at Apple's refurbished iMacs. They have the 2.66 GHz iMac (normally $1,499) for $1,299, just $100 more than the 2.4 GHz version. For that money you get a faster processor, a better graphics card, more RAM, and more hard drive space. It's worth a look.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.