• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Express 4.0 different formats

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2GB Macbook, White
Ay up,
to cut a long story short i need to create three different versions of a press conference.

1. has to be defibularated
2. one has to be made into 3g
3. can't remember

what im asking is can you defibrilate and make a 3g version on the express version of final cut?

many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I'm confused. What is defibularated or defibrilate?

Use the QuickTime export option
File --> Export --> Using QuickTime Conversion... --> Format choice 3G.
The actual 'Video Format:' option is questionable. Older phones may no be able to play the H.264 or MPEG-4 formats.

P.S. I used FCP to figure that out, but since a fresh install of iMovie HD on top of iLife 08 has 3G output, I have to assume the latest FCE does too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.