"Baby you're so happy!"

Reaction score
My other half has been saying that to me since I purchased my new MB. Pretty much been a Windows OS user since I was 4years old (almost 20 years)... (I'm asian...haha!) anyways! I was the "go-to" person for Windows...Dos...etc., so you can imagine the switch was rather nerve wrecking! I just bought a MB yesterday after 6mo's of deliberation. It hasn't been 24 hours yet, but I LOVE IT! All the cool things you can do with a Mac... it's almost like driving a new car, and after you drive it for awhile you find some cool feature on your car you never noticed! It's pretty amazing. It's so sleek, smart and simple (for the most part, but with time it will get better)!:D

This forum rocks! For all those Win.exe people.... TAKE THE JUMP and ENJOY THE RIDE!

-Daisy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Congrats! Welcome to the boards! :)

OP
O
Reaction score
I'm so scared to DL apps because the insanity and fear Windows has placed in me!! hahaha! thank you guys for the warm welcome!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Blue Hardshell Case
Enjoy! I got a Mac less than 6mos ago and I still LOVE IT!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I'm so scared to DL apps because the insanity and fear Windows has placed in me!! hahaha! thank you guys for the warm welcome!!

I wouldn't worry about it! your on the good team now, no more need to constantly worry about viruses and such.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard - there is a lot of help here so don't worry.

OP
O
Reaction score
I feel like a recovery addict in rehab.... hahaha! BTW: My First Mac is a great site!! Thanks for the link!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 2g jb 3.1.3 / iPad 16gb wifi / Lenovo s10 2.5 gb ram, 300gb hd, SL Dual boot Win 7 /
I download viruses for FUN! No more worries!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15 - 2.8GHz - 320GB ATA 7200
Yes I have to agree with the author of this post. I too am really amazed with the workings of OS X. I've never been happier using a computer.

Reaction score
I've had my Macbook Pro for a few years now and I love it as dearly as the day I bought it. No joke. It is the single best computer I've ever used. I can't rave enough about it!

OP
O
Reaction score
Almost been a week now since I purchased my MB... and I must say, to all those who are contemplating on switching... SWITCH! Right out of the box you don't have to "install" for 23234 hours. Open and play, and if you come from a Windows background, it'll take awhile, you might get frustrated because it's different from what you're use too. Trust me, after you start to learn all the "different" clicks and short cuts you really start to notice how this "different" is really productive to your daily computer use!!

-Daisy :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4 Hz 4GB RAM
Agreed! Get a book or two and read them before the switch if you are really concerned. You will love the Mac as long as you accept that it is different than Windows...but not harder...and certainly better in many ways!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
Apple's are some of the best tech I've ever landed my fingers on. I got my Macbook Pro about 3 weeks after they launched because it wasn't much more expensive then similar spec'd laptops of the time and it was so sleek. I put Windows on it and slowly I stopped booting into Windows at all until I was a full blown OSX convert. Now I got my Macbook Pro and iMac and couldn't be happier.

OP
O
Reaction score
Things I learned:
1. Control + Command + D = cool dictionary right within safari without the hassle to ask/google/wiki!!
2. There is a way to zoom out when you accidently zoom in ALL the way!
3. Trackpad is so cool than having 4-10 buttons on a std. mouse.

I'll keep you guys posted on my Mac Adventures!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.