using mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 2.5Ghz Quad Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
i have a hotmail account, but i cannot find my incoming server so i can use mail on my mac.
where will i be able to find that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
unless you have an upgraded hotmail account, you cannot fetch it with any mail program

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hotmail does not work with Mac Mail, at least the free Hotmail doesn't. I'm not sure about the Hotmail Premium account. But in any event, it's much easier to obtain a free Google Mail (gmail) account and use it instead. Gmail works very well with Mac Mail and setting it up is pretty much automatic.

You can always tell your Hotmail account to forward mail to your new Gmail account while you make the changeover.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
you can use nutshell mail too, and "bounce" any mail notifications to your email program

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.