potential switch to Mac from Pc

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea for the last couple years about switching to a Mac from my Pc roots. The main reason is for graphic manipulation and video processing. I do video processing roughly 4 times a year for a local gym. I basically record a video, record vocals separately. I then take the video, lay the vocals in with the music and process it out to a WMV file that I then put online for the instructors to use. So far I've been doing this on my PC using Power Director for the last 2 years without too much hassle. I also do some graphic manipulation but mostly just for fun.

My question is that while I have heard Macs are the best when it comes to video, music and other graphic work - I haven't got any details on what they mean. I know that the "automatic" features are supposed to be great but obviously I need to do this manually. I don't know whether I should bother switching to a Mac for this or just keep using a PC.

I've looked at Final Cut and it looks similar to Power Director but I'm not sure how it converts out etc. I'm also wondering about Picture in Picture and Green Screen filming or whether I can actually edit the video itself - ie: add something into the video that wasn't there etc.

Any advice regarding this type of work on a Mac vs a Pc would be appreciated! Thank you!

Matthew

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.