since leopard has been out for awhile...

Reaction score
is it still worth it to switch from tiger to leopard??

and being a new mac user.. (only been using it for say.. a month now) will i notice a difference between the two if i do..

and is anywhere on this site tell me the differences between the two or can someone tell me??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
It all depends on if you really need leopard or not. Do you know about any features you miss? If so, you have to ask yourself if it is worth the money to upgrade. If not you can just wait for Snow Leopard. Snow Leopard is going to be a version of Leopard where Apple will focus more on stability, security and the general system footprint of the system.

If you decide to buy Leopard I think you will be noticing some differences, when I switched a general speed increase was detectable, although that might just be because the system was reinstalled...

You can look up some of the new features of Mac OS X Leopard here: Apple - Mac OS X Leopard - Features

Hope this help a bit at least ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
It is so close to the new one now, Snow leopard, that I would personally just wait

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I am still running Tiger. I'm personally going to wait until the new OS release.

OP
J
Reaction score
when does SL come out?? and could i upgrade from tiger to that??

also.. do mac OS things sell for like 400 bucks when they first come out.. like vista does for windows does any1 know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
mac OS's usually run for about $129

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" alluminum MacBook Pro 2.53
OSX 10.6 wont support non Intel machines

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
OSX 10.6 wont support non Intel machines

Not necessarily true. Apple has not said that they will drop PPC quite yet. Although there have been rumors going around going both ways

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I couldn't go back to Tiger afetr using Leopard. There are loads of useful things like QuickLook and Cover Flow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
if you buy iwork and ilife bundle you basically get leopard for free in the bundle. might as well do that. you get a bunch of great software.

OP
J
Reaction score
well my comp sais intel core duo under processor name or something.. so...

i work/ilife bundle comes with leopard??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
well my comp sais intel core duo under processor name or something.. so...

i work/ilife bundle comes with leopard??

Well it doesn't "come" with it, you are still paying for it, but at a discounted rate, an extremely, extremely discounted rate..

Mac Box Set - Apple Store (U.S.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Okay is this "Snow Leopard" a real thing? I remember a thread a while ago joking about what Apple's next OS name would be.. Any links?

On-topic, I was running Tiger up until I sold my G4 Powerbook, and my gf is still running it on hers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Hah.. Well then.. I stand corrected lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.