Macbook or Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I am looking to purchase a macbook again and get back into the world of mac, but im wondering which i would be best to get.

I will use the macbook for playing WoW, listening to music and watching movies(connecting to my hdtv).

Thats basically it, so my choice is a this generation macbook or a previous generation pro, i like the 13.3 screen of the macbook more but i was mostly wondering is the build in nvidia 9400m in the new macbook much worse than the old macbook pro 8600s?

Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
The 9400 is an econo chipset. In the PC world it would be the same as an 8400. It would be considerably slower than an 8600, which itself is not a particularly fast chip.

dtx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum MB, 2.0, 2gb ram, 320gb hdd
portability or power?

that's basically what it comes down to. I choose portability and haven't missed any power so far. for the $500 or so you're saving, you can upgrade the HDD and RAM in the 2.4GHz model and still have a smoking fast laptop. Unless you need the bigger screen, get the Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Another vote for the MacBook.....specifically the 2.4ghz model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
Ah, the age-old question ;). I'd go MacBook as well on this one; the MBP is too much power for these circumstances IMO

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Cheers guys, basically summed up what i was thinking! WoW isnt a very intensive games GFX wise so im sure the new macbook will handle it well! My Mrs old macbook handles it pretty much fine just now!

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.