Digital voice recorder for class lectures

Reaction score
I am on the market for a voice recorder for recording class lectures. I sit in the 3rd row less than 10 yards from the professor and he speaks at a fairly normal lecture volume. The room seats about 40-60 students I believe, so if you have any recommendations on what brands or models would work for my situation that would be great. I need it to be compatible with a MacBook Pro (Intel chip), and I thought the USB connectable ones would show up as a flash drive but apparently some are not compatible. My price range is basically under $50. Under $40 is preferable but if its not going to happen then $50 is fine. So any help and recommendations are very appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Why not just download Audacity, and use your MacBook Pro to do the recording via Audacity? Or have you tried that already and found that it's not working for you?

OP
N
Reaction score
my laptop is just too big for the amount of space i have on the desk, since i have people around me i can't comfortably fit it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
blue, griffin and belkin all have great add on stereo mics for the ipod (note work best with nanos) If you already have an ipod then they are a great add on for less than a 100

I use the tune talk and it will record quality .wav files even in a noisy environment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.