Imac G5

K

kabwon

I just bought an Imac g5 today and for some odd reason whenever i run dvd's or divx movies they are very pixilated, any1 know what the reason is to for this??

i am a 1st time mac user so any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
do you mean files, or actual dvd discs you insert? avis are dependant on their original resolution, if you watch them in an app, and you enlarge the window/movie, it still has the same resolution, youre just stretching it, that makes it get pixelated.

OP
K

kabwon

Macman said:
do you mean files, or actual dvd discs you insert? avis are dependant on their original resolution, if you watch them in an app, and you enlarge the window/movie, it still has the same resolution, youre just stretching it, that makes it get pixelated.

SO is there no way that i can watch a movie fullscreen?? and have it not look pixilated?? dvd quality doesnt look to great either but looks way better than the divx (avi).

thnx for the reply though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
dvds shouldnt become pixelated, avis either, unless theyre also pixelated at the original screen size. whats your screen resolution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Strange. I have an iMac G5 as well set to 1680x1050 resolution and only have 'pixilation' problems with avi videos when I set them to a way higher screen size than they were originally intended to go. DVDs look perfectly clear all the way up to full screen.

-Chris

OP
K

kabwon

Macman said:
dvds shouldnt become pixelated, avis either, unless theyre also pixelated at the original screen size. whats your screen resolution?

im on 1440x900res.

how do u set a movie to fullscreen in quicktime? or do i have to download a different program?

the dvd's arent bad quality just not as great as on my tv and my previous windows pc. Maybe im just doing something wrong but its very srange.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.