Please Help Snow Ibook g3

Reaction score
Ive been a Pc User for many years now, And the only reason I use it, is for Music, So Ive decided to get a mac, I want to get a cheap one to start off with, and build my experiance with it, I was looking at this machine

Snow iBook G3 600mHz

Was just wondering if I could run logic express on this machine??? Would I require a sound card, or is the built in card good enough???

Also, the computer Im looking at, is a pre owned mac, witch says airport ready (requires card) Im like *** does that mean,

Sorry for these stupid questions, Im new to the Mac experiance, Any help would be appreaciated,

The specs of the machine im looking at are

G3 600mHz processor
Firewire
Dual USB
128MB memory
15 gig hard drive
CDrom drive
Airport ready (needs card)
OS 9 pre-installed as original spec
OS X ready
12 inch TFT screen
Working battery

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The machine does not meet the requirements to run Logic Express. See the specs here at Apple's web site.

Airport ready means - if you install the proper airport card, the machine will be able to receive wireless internet signals.

The iBook G3 was a nice machine in its day, and can still be very useful for doing things like word processing, email, and browsing the web. I would not think it suitable for what you want to use it for though.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
The machine does not meet the requirements to run Logic Express. See the specs here at Apple's web site.

Airport ready means - if you install the proper airport card, the machine will be able to receive wireless internet signals.

The iBook G3 was a nice machine in its day, and can still be very useful for doing things like word processing, email, and browsing the web. I would not think it suitable for what you want to use it for though.

Regards.

Thanks alot mate, would this one be any better for what Im after?

iMac G4 15 inch LCD- 700mHz

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks alot mate, would this one be any better for what Im after? iMac G4 15 inch LCD- 700mHz

Yes, definitely better. Get the full specs here.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
I did the same thing and actually bought two "Snowbooks" from eBay. Same models and everything. They work well and if you're looking into getting a new Mac, its a great learning device. It saved me hours of learning the OS because I knew the basics.

Good luck and feel free to come here for any advice/questions!

Reaction score
Thanks alot mate, would this one be any better for what Im after?

iMac G4 15 inch LCD- 700mHz

Not sure what you are looking to spend, but don't overlook Apple's refurbished machines. Great machines, full warranty, and often some substantial savings over the model's original pricing.

OP
R
Reaction score
Cheers Jroller

I want a Mac Purley for Music, Namley Logic Pro, But I dont know if certian macs are not able to run logic,

Would this macbook book, notebook be ok

Intel Core 2 Duo (2.1GHz) processor. 1GB DDR2 RAM. 120GB hard drive. 13.3ins glossy widescreen TFT display. Combo drive ( DVD-ROM/CD-RW). Intel GMA X3100 graphics with 144MB dedicated memory. 802.11 N WiFi. Bluetooth. Built-in iSIGHT camera. MAC OS X v10.5 Leopard and iLIFE 08.

I dont want to end up getting the wrong one

Cheers

Reaction score
Here is what Apple's site lists for Logic Pro Studio:

Minimum requirements to install all applications
Mac computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor (PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor highly recommended)
1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended)
Display with 1024-by-768 resolution (1280-by-800 or higher recommended)
Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
QuickTime 7.2 or later
DVD drive for installation
PCI Express, ExpressCard/34, USB, or FireWire based audio interface recommended

Additional recommendations for Logic Pro
At least 2GB of RAM for large EXS instruments
USB musical keyboard (or suitable MIDI keyboard and interface) for instruments
Logic Node requires a Mac computer with a PowerPC G5, Intel Core, or Intel Xeon processor and Gigabit Ethernet
Surround requirements for Logic Pro and Soundtrack Pro
Mac computer with dual PowerPC G5 processors or an Intel Core Duo or Xeon processor
Multichannel audio interface

Available disk space
7GB to install all applications and required content
Additional 39GB to install all optional content (large content packages can be installed on separate disk):
10GB for Jam Pack collections
16GB for sound effects
6GB for surround music beds
7GB for other optional content

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.