Need good book

M

mojo17

I am windows users and have been for many years. I have tinkered with OSX on a few machines at work, but generally have very little knowledge of it. I just ordered a new PB and I am looking to get into it more. Therefore I am looking for a good book to get me in the right direction. I want a book to include interaction between windows and a mac. I am not switching per say, just expanding. I can't divorce windows for one, because I work IT in a windows shop and secondly I like windows. So if someone could point me to a good book it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

OP
J

jbsengineer

mojo17 said:
I am windows users and have been for many years. I have tinkered with OSX on a few machines at work, but generally have very little knowledge of it. I just ordered a new PB and I am looking to get into it more. Therefore I am looking for a good book to get me in the right direction. I want a book to include interaction between windows and a mac. I am not switching per say, just expanding. I can't divorce windows for one, because I work IT in a windows shop and secondly I like windows. So if someone could point me to a good book it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

welcome to mac os x, :). i am in the same situation as you. i work in an it department and we are a windows shop. actually i'm the main windows guy, :). but i must say. os x is my guilty pleasure!!

i found this book a very good one...and i'm sure many people will recomend it...:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...v=glance&s=books&n=507846?tag=macforums0e4-20

btw, what powerbook did you get?

Josh

OP
M

mojo17

jbsengineer said:
welcome to mac os x, :). i am in the same situation as you. i work in an it department and we are a windows shop. actually i'm the main windows guy, :). but i must say. os x is my guilty pleasure!!

i found this book a very good one...and i'm sure many people will recomend it...:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...v=glance&s=books&n=507846?tag=macforums0e4-20

btw, what powerbook did you get?

Josh

I got the 12" PB combo, 1.33, 256. Of course I will add addtional mem. Thanks for the recommendation.

OP
D

Danster

I reccomend that book as well as it's very clear and concise.

did you get that powerbook cheap as the new one's are out?

OP
G

gdestiny

i just got the missing manual from amazon today. great reference book.

Reaction score
mojo17 after using windows for years and at work why did you buy a powerbook. Was there something in particular on it that attracted you or was it software or what?

OP
M

mojo17

I got the PB for $1298. Not a bad deal.

I have been intrigued by Mac for sometime and in my brief experience with it I liked what I saw. Not to mention the PB is just freakin sharp lookin. Like I said, I won't be leaving windows just hoping to expand technology experience. As those of us know in the IT field it is always good to have a variety of knowledge, it lends us to a little better job security.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.