hey im new!

Reaction score
hi i have just took the plunge to get away from windows and move to apple!!!

i have been thinking about getting a mac for years but a few old mates told me not to and was trying to turn me against it but now I have got one!

its a year old macbook pro silver 15" inch and its ace!!! only had it for about 3 hours and i think I wont turn back!! when i get sum money togeather in the next few months i will be getting myself a mac desktop!!!

just a new questions where the hello do i ge my right clcik from and how do i screenshot?

also if there is anything eles u guys can tell me that would be great !

rich

Reaction score
hi i have just took the plunge to get away from windows and move to apple!!!

i have been thinking about getting a mac for years but a few old mates told me not to and was trying to turn me against it but now I have got one!

its a year old macbook pro silver 15" inch and its ace!!! only had it for about 3 hours and i think I wont turn back!! when i get sum money togeather in the next few months i will be getting myself a mac desktop!!!

just a new questions where the hello do i ge my right clcik from and how do i screenshot?

also if there is anything eles u guys can tell me that would be great !

rich
Go to system preferences then track pad then enable the options.
SCreen shot is shift command 3 (command would be the weird symbol next to the space bar)

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

Picture 4.png

OP
P
Reaction score
Go to system preferences then track pad then enable the options.
SCreen shot is shift command 3 (command would be the weird symbol next to the space bar)

thanks for that!! thats is a big help!!

also i have an image from my windows desktop and i have but it into the pictures folder but i jsut dont know how i can set it as my desktop background!

Reaction score
Right click on the desktop, chosse ' Change desktop background', Ensure that desktop tab is selected and then navigate to your picture from folders listed on left.

What I normally do with pictures that are purely for desktop backgrounds is save them in the default folder rather than the Pictures folder - Macintosh HD/Library/Desktop pictures

OP
P
Reaction score
Right click on the desktop, chosse ' Change desktop background', Ensure that desktop tab is selected and then navigate to your picture from folders listed on left.

What I normally do with pictures that are purely for desktop backgrounds is save them in the default folder rather than the Pictures folder - Macintosh HD/Library/Desktop pictures

just to sound like an idiot i cant right click!!!
i have been into the system prefrences and i wont let me do it that way either!

Reaction score
press ctrl+click then but you really should be able to enable secondary clicking under system preferences. Do you not get an option for it under keyboard and mouse?

OP
P
Reaction score
press ctrl+click then but you really should be able to enable secondary clicking under system preferences. Do you not get an option for it under keyboard and mouse?

i will have a look m8 and i will tell u !

Reaction score
Sorry, it is trackpad for Macbooks not keyboard and mouse, did you set it as per screenshots supplied by MPower in above post?

Reaction score
Have you tried saving picture in place where i suggested earlier?

I.E. in desktop pictures

Reaction score
I t should just be System Preferences/Trackpad and just make sure the box is ticked on ' 2 finger right click' or whatever it says, lol

Then whenever you click the trackpad with 2 fingers, rather than 1, it should register as a right click

OP
P
Reaction score
I t should just be System Preferences/Trackpad and just make sure the box is ticked on ' 2 finger right click' or whatever it says, lol

Then whenever you click the trackpad with 2 fingers, rather than 1, it should register as a right click

got it now thanks for the help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Blue Hardshell Case
Hey, welcome to the Forums, and I hope you enjoy your new Mac!

By the way, has anyone else noticed that people say "taking the plunge" whenever they switch from a PC to a Mac? I know what they mean, but literally I think its the opposite, because you're climbing up to a better, more enjoyable experience.

Just something I noticed, haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
A screenshot of the whole screen is command + 3, but picking just one part of the screen is command + 4. Its very useful XD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.