which macbook pro + Logic?

Reaction score
strongly considering the jump to a mac- macbook pro specifically. it'll be a desktop replacement for basic stuff but also will be looking to use Logic for music (at first just a few audio inputs but probably using alot of the softsynths and onboard effects). looking at either the new 17" or a 15" with the upgraded processors. i'd like to be able to keep this functional for a while; would the 17" be a little better as it can go up to 8GB memory? i'll have a monitor thats usable so the screen size isn't a dealmaker/breaker.

still kinda new to all this and not too computer literate but would appreciate any input,

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Logic Pro 8 runs very well on my 15.4" 2.4Ghz 4Gb MBP so unless you are doing some insane realtime workflow stuff it should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
The upgrade would be something that you will be happier about as the computer ages. But the 15'' should be fine for those uses.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.