• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Got an anniversary present...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
For our one year anniversary, my girlfriend got me an engraved pocket watch. :D

3199915619_4045df62ff_o.jpg

3200761164_cf97d7ee6f_o.jpg

3199915221_59b024231d_o.jpg

The engraving translates to "Love of my heart".

I wasn't expecting any gift for our anniversary, but she apparently went out and bought this for me, which I thought was adorable. It's a nice watch, definitely not going to see daily use, but it goes great with my suits. I just wanted to share it, because it's really special to me, and it's something I keep really close to my heart.

That's all. :)

Reaction score
I like how timeless the gift is (no pun intended). My wife and I tend to swap electronics on any occasion where we ought to swap things. Most of that stuff ends up on eBay or in forums some time later to fund the next latest and greatest, yet I still have (and deeply cherish) both of my grandfathers' pocket watches.

Very cool.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
That's a keeper. ^-^"

Reaction score
An Irish Claddagh engraving for an Irish guy? I got my fiance a Claddagh ring years ago, and she still wears it every day. Beautiful!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Very nice Derek.

I only own pocket watches. Can't wear anything on my wrist like that. A wrist watch in south Texas is just a sweat band on your arm if you spend more time outside than in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.2GHz 160GB
Good man...I hope you really love her too!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.