• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Stop Ashlee Simpson Petition Online

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I feel bad for that girl. The following week, when Eminem was on, you could see him doing the same thing, yet nobody noticed. But I crack up every time, when I watch her do her weird little jig while she is messing up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
OP
GT5.0
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Ti PB G4 867MHz 1GB RAM 10.4.6
I feel bad for her father because he can't see that she is not talented. As a manager he should get the hint that if she is caught performing a la milli vanilli, that she should not be allowed to wail at the Orange bowl. How many people booed her before and after her childish yelling in Pasadena CA?

I feel bad about the direction the industry is going. If this is considered talent.

Good thing we still have Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, and 311.

Reaction score
I wish she would just stop singing. She sucks. (IMO) Her voice is just computer altered. I already signed that.

M

meltbanana314

GT5.0 said:
Good thing we still have Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana

Soundgarden rocks!

Alive in the Superunknown, baby!

Add the Pixies and Sonic Youth into the mix and you've got more than half of my music collection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I was in the first 1000 to sign that petition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
wow. spend your time on something else. I have no problem with her, shes hot, and she had a sore throat one day when she was on SNL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
She lipsynched and then she did the worst performance ever at the orange bowl...if you ever need to see videos of either ive got them

M

MBV

Hehe, it's okay if you guys want to bash her, and I don't think she is hot, but honestly if she can make money doing that, then good for her. Though the old saying goes: "if you have more money than you can hold in your two hands, then you should give it all to me."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.16 C2D Glossy
MBV said:
Hehe, it's okay if you guys want to bash her, and I don't think she is hot, but honestly if she can make money doing that, then good for her. Though the old saying goes: "if you have more money than you can hold in your two hands, then you should give it all to me."

Yeah i agree with you, heaps of singers lip sing and have been doing it for a long time it just seems funny when one person gets caught out, everybody goes "oh my god a can't believe she was lip singing" Sure she may not be the greatest singer but she is making money. **** if jessica simpson was my sister i reckon i would give singing a go even tho i am crap and cash in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz
iWhat said:
I feel bad for that girl. The following week, when Eminem was on, you could see him doing the same thing, yet nobody noticed. But I crack up every time, when I watch her do her weird little jig while she is messing up.
First of all, most pop artists lip sync when they preform live, some just do it better than others. Second, I noticed Eminem and called him out for it. There was something in he news about it the next week, he "responded to the allegations." But I don't remember what he said. I didn't see the Orange Bowl thing, tho I'd like to... but i signed the petition even without that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
shaun89 said:
ashlee and jessica are both horrible...

lol obviously not, if they are top artists in the pop industry.

no patition in the world could make an artist who sells that many records get off the air. lol I hope none of you are serious about this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't know about you guys, but I talk with my money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry, i cant hear you rman, ull have to talk your money over to me..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.