• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

G5 Powerbooks out in April

K

kingcrowing2

This is amazing!
"Apple stunned analysts, Mac users, and PC pundits by pre-announcing the PowerBook G5 this morning - just two days after unveiling improved G4 PowerBooks."

Apparently the top end model will still have the 17" LCD, but it (and all 3 new models) will be black anodized with a black power LED
they are quite a lot bigger, but it's worth it
the 17" model has 1Gig of 600MHz RAM standard and a 7200 RPM 160GB SATA HD!!!
because of the heat issues with the much faster G5, they decided to move the logic board and processor to behind the LCD, how could this get any better?
oh, i almost forgot... this tope end model features, uh... dual 1.8GHz G5s!!!! there actually 2.5GHz underclocked to 1.8... but that is friggin amazing! they have Steve Jobs being quoted and it serously looks completly legit, i guess we'll all find out come April!

Here's the full article, decide for yourself
http://lowendmac.com/rumormill/05/0202.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
kingcrowing2 said:
they have Steve Jobs being quoted and it serously looks completly legit, i guess we'll all find out come April!

LOL - you're kidding, right? You don't honestly think that's a legitimate, factual article, do you? If you do, I hate to burst your bubble, but it's complete nonsense. Still a little amusing though.

OP
M

maislin88

i dont think that this is true but has anyone else found out any more information?

OP
K

kingcrowing2

Yeah, i know it's prolly (mostly) made up, but that would be awesome!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here is my question. Why would the system be shipped on April 1?

OP
J

jbsengineer

let's just say this was factual.... (which obviously it isn't)

why would they let information leak like this? the details, etc. it's written like a report of every detail. highly doubt that would ever happen with apple. i know if i felt this was true i would cancel my current order for a new powerbook... it would simply just kill current sales of the newly bumped powerbooks.

plus this would be all over the tech news...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
why would it ship appril 1 if tiger is released 2 days before? and it wouldnt be smart on apples part to release a new model so soon after upgrading the current pbook line, if this was true, apple would have skipped the upgrade and waited til the release of a g5 laptop.
I doubt that there is any fact or very little behind this article. april 2006 maybe, but even thats stretching it.

OP
K

kingcrowing2

i didn't notice that either! but you must admit, someone put way too much time into this one!

Yeah, Macmans right, 2006 sounds a lot more realistic... but man, a DP notebook! they could charge $15,000 for that now and it would sell just as fast!

Reaction score
No. I'm afraid every single word of it is true. Honest !! Steve Jobs told me himself!!

OP
K

kingcrowing2

oh, cool, i guess we were all wrong! I actually just called him and he said that report was all correct, EXCEPT! the 17" Pb only weighs 2.4 Lbs and it actually runs on heat, so as long as your hands are on the computer it will never run out of power, and it actually DOES run at 2.5GHz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I also spoke to him, it turns out that bill gates stoile some new technology from some aliens and john rubenstein stole it from bill gates, then shred it with steve and that is how it is powered by heat. heat and small invisible leprechauns that when a key is pressed , obey the command and make everything happen using their lucky charms.lol

OP
K

kingcrowing2

Hey macman, maybe we should start our own computer company, call it "Orange computers" and out slogan can be "we eat apples for breakfast" and we'll put that heat powered G5 out on march 31st!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
They would never just update one computer of the line and not the rest to the G5. They also would never release a new computer 3 months after updates

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
It's not like Apple to announce products like that. I think this website is just trying boost its traffic, and hype itself up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
kingcrowing2 said:
This is amazing!
"Apple stunned analysts, Mac users, and PC pundits by pre-announcing the PowerBook G5 this morning - just two days after unveiling improved G4 PowerBooks."

Apparently the top end model will still have the 17" LCD, but it (and all 3 new models) will be black anodized with a black power LED
they are quite a lot bigger, but it's worth it
the 17" model has 1Gig of 600MHz RAM standard and a 7200 RPM 160GB SATA HD!!!
because of the heat issues with the much faster G5, they decided to move the logic board and processor to behind the LCD, how could this get any better?
oh, i almost forgot... this tope end model features, uh... dual 1.8GHz G5s!!!! there actually 2.5GHz underclocked to 1.8... but that is friggin amazing! they have Steve Jobs being quoted and it serously looks completly legit, i guess we'll all find out come April!

Here's the full article, decide for yourself
http://lowendmac.com/rumormill/05/0202.html

spoofed fabrication, i would close this thread for making us all dumber, cept its funny ;)
no PB G5 till end of the year or next year (my money is on next year)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Powerbook G5: Not at least until 2006
Tiger: I still say June...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
heh. the 3 bears

OP
K

kingcrowing2

about the traffic, i doubt it, thats a really popular site, i love it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.