Trying to install Fusion/Parallel

Reaction score
I am trying to either get Fusion or Parallel
I heard Fusion is better in performance-wise
and I have few question

1)what do you guys use? (I just wanna know what's the majority)

2)and when I assign how many processor I will use for virtual windows
do I do one or two?
I feel like assigning both of them would decrease performance in mac.
Or it does not necessarily work like that?
either one or two doesnt matter?

3)Also, regardless how many I assign to windows, my mac is still running on two right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
I use Fusion. Its from VMware who are one i not the market leader, its simple clear and made even better by the recent upgrade to version 2. As to how it compares to Parallels as I have never used that but the majority of print articles that I have read put Fusion ahead.

Reaction score
There are numerous "Fusion vs. Parallels" threads here - please search the forum. Hundreds of posts on this topic, which to use.

Short answer: for a single user, Windows install, their functionality is essentially the same. Almost feature-for-feature. User preference is largely based on interface preference.

For a networked, corporate or development environment, for a user who will need to move virtual machines between computers, or for users interested in creating virtual machines based on other operating systems (e.g., Linux flavors), Fusion has a definite advantage. Fusion also has a large library of downloadable "virtual appliances" (e.g., VMs created by others) for you to download and try on your own.

Both will allow you to use one or both cores, and no, using both on your VM will not affect the speed of your OSX applications.

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for replies :D
I decided to go with fusion
and I have one more question
I have two macbooks and a iMac
Can I use one fusion for all three?
or do I need to buy separate ones?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It's license is for a single machine.

Reaction score
I have the same - 2 MBs and an iMac. Bought 3 licenses. Fusion sells a discounted 5-pack but that's still more expensive than 3. Check online for discounts, either alone or with other purchases, you can find ways to save on multiple licenses.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.