iMac now, or later.

Reaction score
I have around £1300 and I really needed a new computer, but this time I was thinking of buying an iMac seen as though I have heard so frequently that Macs are the best option.

Unfortunately I have, maybe, decided to want to buy one at the wrong time. I need a computer in the very close future and I have read that they are due for an update. Of course I want one now, but I don't want an old iMac when spring comes around. I don't know whether to wait for an updated iMac that might not be as perfect for me as the current model, or just hold on with this thing I am using now and hopefully the new version will be better. And how much more expensive will it be for a decent, new model iMac when it comes out. Will it be much more than £1300?

I don't just want someone saying, "Buy one now." I need some reasons!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The iMac line is due for an update - probably around this Spring. March or April? As for the cost, there is no way of telling if Apple will raise the price or keep them as they currently are.

Probably best to hold on to what you have for now and wait until the new iMac is announced and then make a decision. If the new machines are too expensive or do not offer much over the current ones, you can always opt to purchase the older model instead.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.