Video_ts?

Reaction score
ok.. i googled this before asking this... but all i got was about burning.. i don't want to burn onto a disk... well not yet atleast..

but anything that i download.. or even try and burn off of a disk onto my computer won't play. i only use VLC which is the only thing that ever worked for torrents on my windows PC... bu on here... nothing..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What exactly is the question?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
ok.. i googled this before asking this... but all i got was about burning.. i don't want to burn onto a disk... well not yet atleast..

but anything that i download.. or even try and burn off of a disk onto my computer won't play. i only use VLC which is the only thing that ever worked for torrents on my windows PC... bu on here... nothing..

Not sure what you're asking. Are you trying to copy the contents of a disk (such as video or a movie) on to your hard drive and have it play? If so, you'll need a program which can extract. Try using "Mac the Ripper". You can download it from here.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
VLC will play unencrypted Video TS folder contents, if it's encrypted your out of luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and my question.. was does mac not read video_ts files??

Macs can play VIDEO_TS folders just fine, you just don't seem to be giving us enough information for us to help you with your problem.

Start from the beginning. Do you already have a VIDEO_TS folder or are you trying to create one from a DVD? If you already have one, then simply using VLC will do the job. Keep in mind that you're not supposed to play any of the files inside the VIDEO_TS folder, but rather drag the entire folder onto the VLC icon or application and it will play the movie. If you don't have a VIDEO_TS folder just yet, then use a program called MactheRipper to rip a DVD to a VIDEO_TS folder and then follow the same instructions on how to play it.

OP
J
Reaction score
thank you kash. that worked wonders to play them...

now.. burning them.. do i have to download a burning program? or buy one or what?? cause idvd is like.. make your own.. i don't want to completely make my own. i want to keep the same menu and what not as the stuff i am downloading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Toast and Popcorn are the two best programs for burning VIDEO_TS folders. Not sure if there are any other alternatives.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.