Panasonic SDR-H40P videocamera

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the panasonic SDR-H40P videocamera to download movies to

Does anyone know how to get the panasonic SDR-H40P videocamera to download movies to Mac? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
Does anyone know how to get the panasonic SDR-H40P videocamera to download movies to Mac? :D

Someone please correct me if I am wrong... I believe that video can only be imported from the camera through firewire. If the video camera does not have firewire support you may be out of luck. Stills can be imported via USB.

If it does have firewire, you should be able to connect the camera and control it through iMovie.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To Knale: The camera uses a USB 2.0 interface not Firewire. iMovie will import videos from USB just fine provided the machine uses an Intel Processor.

To the OP: You should be able to just plug the camera into an available USB 2.0 port on your Mac. (assuming you're using an Intel Mac) Open iMovie and select import. Read the help section in iMovie on importing videos.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
The previous poster is correct in both regards. Good luck with importing OP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
To Knale: The camera uses a USB 2.0 interface not Firewire. iMovie will import videos from USB just fine provided the machine uses an Intel Processor.

To the OP: You should be able to just plug the camera into an available USB 2.0 port on your Mac. (assuming you're using an Intel Mac) Open iMovie and select import. Read the help section in iMovie on importing videos.

Regards.

Excellent... I learned something. I was not aware the processor was one of the determining factors.
I know now where I got my information from...Back when I was shopping for a Mini DV camcorder. iMovie only supports Firewire in MiniDV tape based format. That does not apply here.
Sorry for any confusion to the OP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.