just opened

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
oh my god. i can not believe how easy this is. i just opened up my new ibook and its awesome. a couple questions. i installed camino(and it was easy) and it left a camino folder and a camino.dmg on the desktop. what am i suppose to do with those? and i have about 10 gigs of music i want to put on the ibook. if it was windows, i would put it in my music. is the mac the same thing? should i put it in the music folder? thanks :teen:

oh yeah. and to calibrate the battery, it says to unplug it after it has a full charge, when the light is green, it says my battery is at 100% and has been there for a while, but the light is still orange. what do i do there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Right let's get cracking:

The .dmg is the transport container that camino came in. If you have installed the app correctly, you can drag the dmg to the trash to 'eject' it and then delete it.

Your music goes into your Music folder in your 'home' folder. Or you can add it to iTunes, which will copy it to the iTunes library folder (which is also in home->music).

To calibrate, fully charge the iBook (light green) and then unplug it and leave it running until it goes to sleep. Then charge all the way up again.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
thanks a bunch. so the dmg file is like the installer file in windows. oh. and one more thing. like i said, im using camino. so should i uninstall safari and IE. if yes, then how do you do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
why are you using camino? Id say dont uninstall safari at least, in case you need another browser.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macman said:
why are you using camino? Id say dont uninstall safari at least, in case you need another browser.

a bunch of my friends say its better than IE and faster than safari. is camino bad? should i use firefox or something else?it would be alright to take off IE. how do i do that? control panel, add remove programs? haha. just kidding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its not bad, just not as featured as safari or firefox, plus you always want a back up browser in case.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and now the brightness and volume keys wont work. i must have turned them off some how. do you know how to turn them back on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
system preferences>kb and mouse>kb shortcuts>make sure contrast under the universal drop down area is set to those buttons.

Reaction score
A good thing to remember with the ibooks is that the battery is a li-on battery so it has no memory affect and can be charged whenever you like, however its not good for the battery to run completely empty so if the warning comes up that the battery is low its best to do something about it straight away.

Glad that your enjoying your new ibook !!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.