Which imac to get?

Reaction score
Hi
This is my first post on here, I'm looking for some advice please.

I hope to order my first mac in the next few days but I can't make my mind up as to which to go for.

I photograph weddings for a hobby and when I spoke to the apple store they said that I must get the 24" 3.06GHz and upgrade to 4GB of RAM.Then I went to see my local reseller and he said thats way over the top and that the 20" 2.66GHz would be fine and not to waste money on a bigger machine.

Please could somebody give me some advice, I'm willing to spend the extra money if it's needed but only if it's needed.

Thanks for the advice.

Dave

Reaction score
Well, im personally going with the 24'' 2.8GHZ once i save up the money, I study Graphic design at college.. and should be doing quite a bit of photoshop work and things like that. Considering your a photographer personally i would go with a 24'' 3.06Ghz is overkill for what you are doing. Id personally go with the 2.8ghz that way its cheaper and you still get the 24'' screen to view images on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 2g jb 3.1.3 / iPad 16gb wifi / Lenovo s10 2.5 gb ram, 300gb hd, SL Dual boot Win 7 /
First off screen prefrence is all about the user. Would you prefer a bigger screen when putting together albums and editing them.. I would assume yes. So 24" is the way to go. 4gb of ram is not necessary but can help out with staying speedy in rendering photos and switching apps. Will you be using any Adobe suites?

My opinion for whats its worth:
24-inch - 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB
320GB Serial ATA Drive
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO w/256MB GDDR3
$1949.00

OP
W
Reaction score
THanks for the help,
I will be using Adobe CS2, Adobe Lightroom 2 and I am planing to get Aperture.

Dave

Reaction score
I don't think you need Aperture when you have Lightroom 2. Actually, I've used both and Lighroom 2 is faster and more featureful.

Reaction score
First decide if you like 24".
I changed my 24" display because it was just to much for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.