Applecare by the skin of my teeth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
Ive had my black macbook for quite awhile. I was thinking about applecare today and was like hrm I really need to do that soon. Ah wth im not doing anything right now i will check. I type it in to test when my warranty is up and it shows tomorrow! oh crap. so anyway I just got done chatting with the geniuses and according to them im all set now. just got it by the skin of my teeth. whew that was close.

I totally should have just gotton the applecare right away. If anyone who plans on doing it they should do it right away and not wait like i did. I got really really lucky I caught it in time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Good advice. It's the only reason I got mine at the same time I bought my Macbook, I knew that I would forget to buy it before the year was up.

dtx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum MB, 2.0, 2gb ram, 320gb hdd
i just got my macbook today and got the AppleCare against my better judgment. I got it as leverage to negotiate the price a little better. I ended up getting $150 of free accessories because I bought it, and I got the AppleCare for $25 off! Now hopefully i use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
I've used my Applecare on several occassions.
Not for hardware but software related problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
i just got my macbook today and got the AppleCare against my better judgment. I got it as leverage to negotiate the price a little better. I ended up getting $150 of free accessories because I bought it, and I got the AppleCare for $25 off! Now hopefully i use it.

Wow good strategy! where did you buy it from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 2g jb 3.1.3 / iPad 16gb wifi / Lenovo s10 2.5 gb ram, 300gb hd, SL Dual boot Win 7 /
AppleCare is insurance just in case something goes WRONG. You definatley dont want to use it but it does seem like you paid for something so you might as well get something out of it :)

dtx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum MB, 2.0, 2gb ram, 320gb hdd
Wow good strategy! where did you buy it from?

I bought my MB from West World

They're a Western Canada Mac dealer. Great place, and they're on commission, which means if you're willing to spend some $, you have ammo to bargain with! I was buying a MB, iPod Touch, accessories and AppleCare on both, and ended up saving quite a bit!

Oh, and they have awesome deals on Refurbished and Used units. (last generation MB Pro for $650!)

Reaction score
Applecare won't cover my screen!

I sent the pristine Powerbook G4 with little use to Applecare for warranty. I had bad pixels appear after about 6 months but waited a while to see if more would develop, which they did. When applecare received it, they said I damaged it!! I am furious! My laptop is in mint condition and has NEVER been damaged. THe screen has pixel issues that are clearly a MFG issue, but applecare won't fix it. They did offer to replace it for $1100!!! I paid $300+ for a worthless warranty! What a load of crap. Please, please..... don't be fooled into buying it because even after I fought with them, they still said it was "accidental damage"... I had a few local pro's look at it and they all said "it's impossible that you could have caused the damage, it' s clearly a MFG issue." Now... I'm out a screen and have a computer that is covered, but they won't honor!! Screw Apple... I'm going back to something that TRULY offers a warranty.

Reaction score
I'm in that boat right now. I bought my iMac 2/02/08 and can't decide whether I should get Applecare or not, $170 is a lot of money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 2.93Ghz i7 iMac 16GB, 15" 2.66 Ghz i7 MBP 8GB, 2.13Ghz MBA 4GB, iPhone4 32GB, iPad3G 32GB
AppleCare can save you a lot of money.

So far I have had the left I/O Board, left fan x2, left speaker, and right fan replaced. Having a new inverter board with display put in, and if that doesn't fix it I will be a getting a new MBP.

My AppleCare has already paid for itself, and I still have almost 2 years left.

Reaction score
I'll most likely be getting AppleCare before my 1 year ends. It never hurts to purchase it just in case. I paid $1700 for my MBP and I don't want to spend that kind of money again just in case something happens.

Reaction score
Bought my applecare from an eBay seller. Had good feedback and cost me $130 on my MB and they sent over the info, activated it and looks good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP macOS Big Sur....iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 8+
What did you type in to determine you had a day left?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
In terms of AppleCare, I know you get a 1-year warranty with your Apple products, but the AC just extends it to 3 years, right? You don't get the year that comes with it, plus 3 more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I never keep amac longer then a year, however bought my sons on Ebay for 130.00 not 249.00 :)

Reaction score
In terms of AppleCare, I know you get a 1-year warranty with your Apple products, but the AC just extends it to 3 years, right? You don't get the year that comes with it, plus 3 more.

No. The AppleCare only includes your standard one year warranty, plus two more years for a total of three.

Also, if you want to check your product's warranty status, you can go here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Reaction score

That is correct! 1 yr (manufacturer + 2 yr applecare). I bought one on ebay for my imac and another one on overstock auctions for a much better price. Used it once (glad I had it covered). Whether you pay $150 or $340 retail, I would never own an apple product without applecare. it is worth it!

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.