C/D wouldn't insert into iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Newbie here, but last night I was all set to burn a c/d with family pictures in it. Well I slid the c/d into the slot on the side but it would only go in half way. I pushed it with a little more force and it just pushed back. Weird I know. I thought well maybe a c/d was already in there so I did all the eject tricks and the drive was empty. I rebooted and still no joy. I called up the only Mac user that I know, an old buddy classmate 1000 miles away and told him what happened hoping for a quick solution. He thought it was strange, but suggested shut down the computer, start it up and gently push that c/d into the slot as it was starting up and sure enough it sucked it right in. Then saw the disk on the desktop and ejected it without a problem. This morning I thought I would burn the disk and it worked without a problem, disk went in, burned the c/d and all is well. Could that have been just a fluke?
Thanks for a reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
...maybe it was just cranky ;).
Judging by your description, I think it is probably just a fluke. If it would have continued to do that, I would have started to seriously get worried.
As long as it doesn't happen again ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Sounds like a one time fluke,let's hope it doesn't repeat-Good luck. Van

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Thanks for the comments. It's working fine now. But the funny thing was when I would try to slide the disk into the slot it kept pushing back like a spongy, springy type feel to it. I figured it might be just a fluke. van66 I see you once in awhile in the SC forum also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.