nvidea or atti ???

M

Midian

Oké now that I've made up my mind, I can tell you all that this guy is switching from an crappy wintel to a dream G5!!!
I only have one question left : should i go for te NVidea or ATTI?
i don't know much about grafic-cards so if annyone could point out the differences I would be gratefull.

greetzzz

OP
J

Jason

Both brands are great, it just depends on how much video memory you want. I use ATI cards right now, but I have used nVidia cards as well. If you want to edit video or play the latest games, go with the 9600XT.

Reaction score
the latest games demand the latest GPU technology. The 6800 Ultra DDL would be what your looking for. You also have the option of saving $100 with the 6800 GT DDL. I would expect you to be extremely happy with both cards.

OP
J

Jason

Oops! Forgot that the 6800 was an option. I quickly looked to see what options there were and only noticed the 5200 and 9600XT. The 6800 definitely.

OP
G

gdestiny

i used to go w/ ATI, but ever since nVidia came out w/ their GeForce 6 series, i am back in the nVidia camp. i have a 6800GT 256MB in my PC rig and it's nice and fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram
well just say for a minute you were buying a peecee, the 6800 gt would be the way to go becasue they are 99.9% garenteed to overclock as far if not futher than a stock 6800 ultra, however not being familiar with mac graphics cards i don't know of any overclocking utilities, however the difference with the gt is marginal to none, so i would go for that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I've always been an ATI fan, but for Macs the latest Nvidia cards seem to have been a little better. ATI almost seems like it releases Mac cards as an afterthought.

OP
G

gdestiny

pscl227 said:
well just say for a minute you were buying a peecee, the 6800 gt would be the way to go becasue they are 99.9% garenteed to overclock as far if not futher than a stock 6800 ultra, however not being familiar with mac graphics cards i don't know of any overclocking utilities, however the difference with the gt is marginal to none, so i would go for that

the performance diff between the 6800GT and 6800Ultra is not that much. at least not work paying $100 more...

OP
M

Midian

the performance diff between the 6800GT and 6800Ultra is not that much. at least not work paying $100 more...
I thougt so
but it seems nvidea has an edge over atti
tnkx 2 all

Reaction score
gdestiny said:
Bah! All depends on what you use your system for. I'm a gaming fanatic. My PC has 2 x 6800 Ultras in SLI :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.