uninstalling / removing programs

G

gdestiny

is it really as easy as dragging the icon to the trash can? it will automatically remove all traces of a program? i know there's no such thing as a registry in OSX. so do i need to manually clean out the profile folder, or will it do that automatically as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yup, theres no registry on mac. to be sure you delete all traces, do a search in the top right area of any finder window with the first few letters of it, or enough letters to get results for that app only, then drag the results to the trash.

Reaction score
Hope it's alright to jump in on this thread with a relevant question. I downloaded Moneydance to try it. I deleted it as stated above, dragging it to the trashcan. However, there is still a ".moneydance" directory in the applications. Can these "dot "directories be deleted as well?

TIA

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Yes, you can delete the .moneydance folder also.

OP
G

gdestiny

great, thanks for the help, guys. it takes a little getting used to not having a "add/remove programs" area.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.