Setting up iChat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 15-inch, 2.4 ghz, 250 gb Hard drive, 2 GB of 1066 mgz Ram
Hello Again,

Haven't been here in a few days, thought everything was coming along with my transfer from PC to Mac.

When I setup this thing, I didn't setup the IChat thingy, rather, just clicked over it. Now I would like to set it up. Cannot figure how???!!! I click on it, it just jumps p and down on the dock. I go under applications and find nothing, tried help, nothing. Called Apple tonight and just found out that even though I paid over $2400 for this computer, I do not have 24/7 tech support.

Can someone please tell me how or where I change my setting in Ichat or am I just better off downloading another instant messenger for this thing?? I don't even understand what IChat works with - MSN Messenger? Yahoo Messenger? AIM?

I am sorry, just frustrated trying to figure things out.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sincerely,
Tallulah:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
insert your install disc and do custom install and install ichat again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4
I'm having the same problem, but using adium... just had to say technologist, that link is hilarious! never seen that before!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.