New Mac, free Apple software upgrade?

Reaction score
So I just got a Macbook Pro for Christmas, and today Apple releases lots of new software...

Any chance Apple will give free upgrades to people to just recently got computers? I've done a Google search for this and can't find any good answers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
So I just got a Macbook Pro for Christmas, and today Apple releases lots of new software...

Any chance Apple will give free upgrades to people to just recently got computers? I've done a Google search for this and can't find any good answers.

Contact Apple and ask.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Not likely, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask would it? :D

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
You can ask, but the likely answer will be no.

The only upgrade program running right now is the iLife '09 Hardware Up-to-Date Program.

Apple's website states that if you bought a brand new Mac on or after January 6, 2009, that does not include iLife ’09, you can upgrade to iLife ’09 for US$9.95 plus tax.

So it looks like your out of luck.

Reaction score
I just got off the phone to Apple and they are sending me a £69 credit to purchase iLife 09 with.

I bought a Macbook Pro in December and a Macbook that arrived yesterday. I can upgrade both with the credit.

That's what I call service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I just got off the phone to Apple and they are sending me a £69 credit to purchase iLife 09 with.

I bought a Macbook Pro in December and a Macbook that arrived yesterday. I can upgrade both with the credit.

That's what I call service.

Glad to hear. It's always good to call and ask. Apple is pretty good about things like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4
yeah I was wondering the same thing... going to call in a bit and hopefully they can do something for me too. I'm in Canada and I find that $100 to upgrade a program that I already have and have only had for a couple weeks is a bit steep.

Reaction score
I bought my machine 1 month ago from a third party seller, authorized.

I just called Apple and asked if they would throw me a bone.

No dice!

*cough*torrentialrain*cough*

O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.