Hi can anyone help?

Reaction score
Heya, new to this! I have an apple G5 but pretty much a mac virgin. Can anyone tell if you dump something in the trash and delete it, how can you retrieve the files. I know it can be done but have no idea how. Any help would be greatfully appreciated! Many thanks! : )

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Data Rescue II

And before you ask, no, there are no free utilities that will do this.
I would suggest turning off your machine, e.g. quit using it now. As in, even the cache for your browsing could be overwriting any files that you have deleted. Do not download anything to your internal drive, do not create new documents., etc.

edit:
Getting whatever it was off your backup would be the easiest way. And for the price of any of the data recovery utilities out there, you can get a good external drive.

Oh, and you should read the disclaimers on their site. They will be the about the same for any data recovery tool.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.