Help me switch.

R

RC23

Okaaaay. Im going to be doing a lot of video editing/multimedia type stuff.. but I do want portability.. and the space saving aspect is nice.. however im not sure about the 2.67ghz g4 vs the 1.8ghz g5..
So I cant decide on weather to get a

1.67Ghz G4
1Gb Ram
128mb video card..

or a
1.8Ghz G5
1Gb Ram
64mb video card

do those systems measure out closely in the way they would run fcphd and motion? or does the g5 kill the g4 in performence with fcp?

oh.. and if someone uses motion and fcphd with either systems.. let me know of your experiences..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Please don't create more than one thread on the topic.

Motion recommends
Recommended system

• Dual 2GHz Power Mac G5
  • 2GB of RAM or more
  • Mac OS X v10.3.5 or later
  • ATI Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card or better
So you are probably better off going for the G5 which can pick up more slack on the video card. The powerbook video card will perform better but the processor will lack a bit compared to the G5

You should specifiy which systems you are looking at (Obviously a powerbook vs. iMac/PM G5)

OP
R

RC23

Ah... good point..
( I wasnt seeing any action on the board I posted this on before )

I was really hoping for some real world experiences with the program.. aka how does it run on a imac g5 vs pb g4...
to think a program requires dual 2ghz g5 to run smoothly sounds rediculous.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.