Airport Problems

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of problem with Airport on Time Capsule.
My Mac works fine but my PC is being a pain - when I try to connect it says "Waiting for the network..." for ages, then just gives up.

I think it might be something to do with airport using 802.11n and the adaptor on the PC being 802.11g, but I have set up Time Capsule to be "802.11b/g compatible"...

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Try downloading the Airport Utility (windows version) from the Apple website and install it on the PC. It isn't required to connect to the TC, but there have been a couple times when I couldn't get a new installation of Windows to connect until I installed AU on the PC and then let it search for the TC.

Also, if you have made some adjustments to the settings on the TC and want to get it back to the factory defaults, there is a little tiny white reset button recessed into the back of it. Depress it with a paperclip. It will reboot the TC and restore it to the original settings.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Jaygray.

For anyone else experiencing the problem, it turned out security was the problem - Time Capsule likes to use WPA which my adaptor didn't support.
In the end I had to disable a network password totally and add MAC address filtering. A pain, but it all works now :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.