What to buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wishing for a mac mini with cs4 on the cheap
I am on the verge of becomming a Switcher. Any advice on what I should buy? I was trending toward a basic Mac Mini & I need it to be able to run CS4. I also need help finding an appropriate monitor that won't break the bank.
Thank you!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A Mac Mini is a nice machine for the price. Should have no problem running CS4. As for a monitor, just take a trip to your local Best Buy and look around.

I just bought my daughter a Samsung 19" monitor for less than $200.00. You should have no difficulty finding a monitor to fit your budget.

One hint for the Mini: After purchasing, you might think about maxing it out for memory. Right now memory is a bargain BUT not from Apple. So be sure to use an after market supplier like Crucial.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
A mac mini could be a great buy if apple updates it tomorrow as per the current rumors. It should be able to work with any Mini DVI or Mini DisplayPort (although there aren't that many of those) computer monitors.

Reaction score
I was also looking forward for the mac mini update today but it didn't happen. Now I don't know if I should wait until they do or get the current one.

I was so sure from what everyone was speculating that they would announce a new design.

This mean I either have to wait for the next mac event which I have no idea when it will be or take a chance and buy the current version and hope the new one doesn't make me regret buying the old one...

Reaction score
What to buy

Well I had a good look around I was in two minds of a Power PC x2 2.0ghz CPU or the two Mac Minis.

I the end I got a Mac Mini core 2 1.8ghz version for apple refurb for £320 and 2 1gig sticks of ram from a 3rd party for £18

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wishing for a mac mini with cs4 on the cheap
Thank you everyone for this info...If anyone hears of the updated mac mini coming out please let me know!

Thanks again :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.