Airport Express not working.

Reaction score
I have a new airport express and an 8 month old macbook. Yesterday i tried to use a different router just to see if there was any speed differences. Well, it didn't work and when I switched back to my aiport express, it didn't work either.

I thought it could be the cable modem, but the modem works fine if i wire it straight into my laptop. When I wire the modem to the airport express and try to get on wirelessly I get no connection.

The airport works fine. There is a solid green light and I even tried deleting the network and setting up a new one and nothing works. I know it works because i took it to a friends house and tried it there and I could connect with no problems at all. When I tried it back at my house no connection. I know its not just my computer too because my iphone wont even connect.

The airport works fine, the cable modem works fine with a wired connection, and my computer and iphone work fine. It's just that nothing works together:(

Any suggestions? Im a pretty computer savvy person so I do know what I am doing. Of course I tried unplugging everything and resetting everything Im just completely confused on this one and and wondering if the airport is just not working with that particular cable modem at the time? But the modem works fine wired though!

Anyway I hope somebody has any type of suggestion. Thank you very much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.