Day and date in menu bar

Reaction score
Before anyone laughs... I did the prerequisite search on this topic...

Is there anyway to have not only the dat and time in the menu bar but the date as well??

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
you can try iStat Menus from iSlayer

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
System Preferences - International

Go to the 'Formats' tab and under 'Dates' click on the 'Customize' button

In the 'Show:' box start out in the 'Medium' or 'Long' formats, whichever comes the closest to what you want. You can drag other items into it, to make it like you want it. Once you have the date the way you would like it to appear, Highlight it, copy it and then click on 'Cancel'.

Now click the 'Customize' button under 'Time'. Next to 'Show:', select 'Medium'. Paste what you just copied above into the box wherever you want it to appear. Click OK.

Check out the appearance on the 'Menu Bar'. You may have to go back in and adjust the spaces or something else to get it just the way you want.

OP
S
Reaction score
System Preferences - International

Go to the 'Formats' tab and under 'Dates' click on the 'Customize' button

In the 'Show:' box start out in the 'Medium' or 'Long' formats, whichever comes the closest to what you want. You can drag other items into it, to make it like you want it. Once you have the date the way you would like it to appear, Highlight it, copy it and then click on 'Cancel'.

Now click the 'Customize' button under 'Time'. Next to 'Show:', select 'Medium'. Paste what you just copied above into the box wherever you want it to appear. Click OK.

Check out the appearance on the 'Menu Bar'. You may have to go back in and adjust the spaces or something else to get it just the way you want.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.