lifespan of a white MB?

Reaction score
Hi

About to get myself a new unibody MB and was thinking about getting a white MB for the wife at the same time - especially if they get even cheaper post Macworld. However her current Acer has lasted about 7 years - what sort of life can I expect from a white plastic MB? Light use really, but I'm concerned the plastic cases aren't up to much...

thoughts?

thanks
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
As long as you don't drop it, expect 4 years and over, my G4 is coming up to 6 years now and still going strong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
I still have a G3 iBook from 2001 which is running perfectly. Of course it is dreadfully slow by todays standards, but works as good as new. That makes it 8 years old, so I would expect a long lifespan if it is taken care of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
The maintenance on a Mac is much less demanding than on a Windows machine. You dont have to virus scan and defrag all the time. The Plastic has held up very well for me (its only been 6 months). My friend has a 5 year old MB that has been put through its paces and still works very well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.