Help transferring files from OLD mac/scsi

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I found old jaz and syquest drives and disc. Remember them!? :) I would love to transfer files to my external hard drive...the problem? They use the old scsi and not usb. Anyone know of a way to transfer them? Where to rent an old computer? A place to have them transfer etc etc?

Any help would be great appreciated!

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do a Google search for SCSI to USB adapters. I found lots of them available, however, they vary in price from moderate expensive to expensive. :D

Just hook the Jaz or Syquest through the adapter to your USB port and you should be able to transfer the files to your external hard drive through another USB port on your machine.

Regards.

Reaction score
What is your location and what computers do you have (and have access to)? This sort of information might go a long way towards enabling someone to help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.