A convert has arrived...

Reaction score
Hi everyone

1st post so be nice. (please)

Well tittle says it all I'm an EX die hard PC fan/apple hater turned machead, who has gotten bored of the frustration and annoyances of windows and microsoft.

After playing with macs in a store in town i have decided to take the plunge and join the white side and buy a macbook. (mainly for school but also for some general stuff).

But I cant decide whether to buy a top end 13" Macbook with some software (iwork) and stuff or a low end 15" Macbook Pro for a bit more?

:)

Thoughts anyone?

Reaction score
I had the same dilemma, but over a year since I bought the 15" MBP I still love the larger format, and have long forgotten the price difference. Only problem is, my wife loves it even more, and now I'm having to buy another Mac or remain relegated to our PC....

OP
S
Reaction score
Lolz I was thinking about screen size and resolution and how much of a difference there is.

Looking it up I see the 15" also has the better graphics (9600mGT) as standard which might be a deciding factor, only thing is it really is quite a bit more expensive than a top of the line 13".

Anyone else have any other things to contribute

oh and is there any known issues with either or something i should deffinatley get/avoid in generall with macs. Pretty much and apple newb here lolz.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The ongoing dilemma.
If you plan on playing any 3D games, you want the MBPro.
If you plan on connecting an external drive for back up and/or moving large files around, only the MBP has firewire (many cameras also want that firewire port). The MB is now relegated to USB only.

Open Office is always an option while you're saving the $79 for iWork.

Without the need for either of those two items, my wife is quite happy with her MB.

Reaction score
Go for the Pro! You won't be sorry. And yes, get Openoffice at first you can always later get iWork, you can't always later upgrade to a Pro! :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for that, looked at the UK one.

There are none of the unibody MB/MBPs atm so il just keep a look out. thanks for the tip off

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4gb, 500gb, 2.26 Duo. White iPhone 5, White iPad Mini 32gb
just thinking if your using it for school would you be taking it there? just thinking if ur bothered about the portability! although i wish i bought a mbp as my uni course is quite demanding and could of done with the extra power!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.