Windows on Mac arghhh im gonna die!

Reaction score
Ok hi, im 16 years old and i bought an imac around last year. After reaching a conclusion that i cannot use alot of windows app, i went to get parallel desktop 4.0. Problem is, i can't Play DMC4 with it omg......
My graphic card is ATI,RadeonHD2600 or i think it is. So should i change to boot camp? where there might be a chance of playing DMC4? and will qualify for pixel shader 3.0???

Secondly, which windows on mac applications are better? Quite sure it is asked a thousand times but i want a fresh answer. etc Parallel Desktop X Boot Camp or some other app. Please Reply, Thank You!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't think using a virtual OS to play a game is very efficient or smart. If you really insist on gaming on your Mac then bootcamp is really your only solution. Either that or get the port for Mac, but that's probably not an option.

As to what version of windows...that's really up to preference. Some people despise Vista and opt to use only XP. The pixle shader 3.0 has to do with the GPU I believe.

Reaction score
Virtual machines under Parallels and Fusion are not able to use full 3d hardware acceleration, regardless of the video cards in your Mac. Hopefully, you've enabled directx and 3D support in your vm menus. To take full advantage of your video hardware, you need to boot Windows natively - which means Boot Camp.

Good luck!

OP
K
Reaction score
err i heard there is something called boot camp partition on parallel will it work??

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That just uses the Windows installation of your BootCamp partition rather than requiring a separate install of Win. It still runs in a VM, not natively. No different than you're doing now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.