keyboard help!

Reaction score
Hello,

Where is the key on the macbook which takes you to a start of a sentence? i think it is the home key on a pc

And also where is the key that lets you delete a letter/word when the cursor is on the left hand side, (so the word goes back to the cursor's position)

New to macs! thanks!

Vicki

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
On the MacBook keyboard, I believe that would be Fn+Up arrow key.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac
On my macbook I have Spaces enabled. Command + left arrow switches the desktop space. I use control + left arrow to go to the beginning of the sentence, control + right arrow to go to the end.

For delete, I use delete and fn+delete for forward and reverse delete. (I think that is what you wanted... fn+delete).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
TEXT:
In a text field, use command+left arrow for the same effect as Home in MS and command+right arrow for End

Ctrl-a and ctrl-e will move to the begining and end of the current paragraph. (Alt-up and alt-down does the same thing.)

Alt-left and alt-right will move one word at a time in either direction.

Command-left and right will move to the end and begining of the line.

Command-up and command-down moves to the end and begining of the document.

Ctrl-up and ctrl-down will scroll the window without changing where the cursor is.

If you add SHIFT to any of these, it will select/highlight by the same rules as you go.

Have fun.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.