I do not have sufficient privileges

Reaction score
I can log onto my windows computer from my mac, but when I try to copy files over to the windows computer if gives me this error I do not have sufficient privileges for some of the item, any idea on what this means and how I can fix the problem

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's probably because you're using the Guest account on your Windows machine. Your best bet would be to disable the Guest account, then when you connect to it, you should be prompted for credentials. Supply your normal account credentials (your username on the Windows machine, and password if one exists) and it should have the same permissions as you do when you use your Windows machine.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for your help

I checked and guest account is off, I have no problem logging into windows from the mac machine but I can not log onto the mac machine from my windows machine, also when I log in to the windows machine from my mac I can not drag files over to the windows machine from the mac, thats when I get the privileges error.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.