Switchers: What did you get with your Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Just an interesting topic as to what people got when they first switched. I've heard of people going all out with every piece of software they could get their hands on and others buying nothing other than the machine.

Mine:
2.1 Ghz MacBook
InCase Black 13.3" case
Apple Remote

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
17" MBP
500 GB Time Capsule
Second skin ( limited protection when MPB is transported )
AppleCare

After 8 months, I still do not have the need to buy extra apps. because all the functionality I need is standard in the OS.
I bought SuperDuper to be used next to Time Machine.

Cheers
Marc

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
just my coreduo macbook...

and a copy of simcity 4, which barely worked at all.

and, my macbook is still the only piece of apple hardware i have - including ipods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHz iPhone 8GB iPod video 60GB iPod Nano 4GB
Macbook 2.4
Black Incase 13.3'' neoprene case(wish i hadn't as the dye from it leached out into the white plastic of my Macbook making purple stains all down the side)
Luckily the nice people at Apple swapped it for a new one :) binned the case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Aluminum MacBook
The new aluminum MacBook 2.0. It's essentially the base model, but it meets my needs and is blazingly fast with the new DDR3 RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Aluminum Macbook, 2.0 Ghz, 2GB ram, 160GB hard drive.
Macbook Aluminum 2.0 GHz. As soon as I got it I went straight to the Apple store and got a 13" Incase Neoprene Sleeve and iWork '08.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4GhZ 4 GB RAM
I got the Apple remote...and that's it lol
oh ya and Apple care
but I did get an RAM upgrade with my computer so it has 4gb of ram
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
I got one fo the last black macbooks (the announcement of the unibody ones was less then a week later...) I paid for the upgrade to 4gb (a mistake in hind sight) I also got iWork, Vmware Fusion, the remote and Incase cover (They appear to have changed the design BTW as mine is white on the inside not black like someone elses I know).

Later on as needs demonstrated I got mac office 2008 and the mini DVi to vga and dvi outputs

A fairly large outlay (work paid for the office however) but still very very pleased with it.

Do get some odd looks at work when I turn up to do some server work in a windows shop with a mac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
why was the 4gb upgrade a mistake?

i also have office for mac and iwork but I didn't buy those I downloaded them don't judge me

(I had already spent so much on the computer!)
:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
I bought:

-2.4 GHz Black Macbook
-Crucial 4GB RAM
-Incase sleeve
-External hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
I bought my MacBook (see specs in my profile) this past February. At first all I bought for it was a 2GB stick of memory to replace the 1GB that came with the system. I also received a free carrying case when placed my order through NewEgg.

That was enough to get me started. Over the course of the past ten months, I acquired quite a few accessories and upgrades to the system. These include:

• An additional 2GB of RAM on top of what I had already purchased along with the notebook for a total of 4GB.
  • 320GB hard drive (to replace the stock 120GB one inside the machine)
  • Wireless Mighty Mouse
  • Aluminum keyboard
  • Mini-DVI to DVI converter
  • 500GB Time Capsule
  • Airport Express (for wirelessly streaming music to my home theater system)
  • A new carrying case to replace the freebie I received with the computer
  • Additional MagSafe Power Adaptor for use at computer desk
  • iWork '08 family pack
  • MobileMe subscription

Additionally, I purchased two iPod Classics (one for me, one for my girlfriend), an iPhone 3G (white model), and a bluetooth headset, car charger for the phone, and a carrying case for it. To top it all off, my girlfriend bought me a docking station for the iPhone as a Christmas present.

Looking at this list, I realize that my goal this year was to try everything in my power to make Steve Jobs a wealthier man. I think I might have succeeded.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
15" MBP 2.0
Apple Care
Final Cut Express

Already had 80g iPod
Then the iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
why was the 4gb upgrade a mistake?

Basically because of the ammount apple charge to do it and the added delay it caused in the shipping.

Dont get me wrong I am glad I have 4gb of ram in this, its more that it doesnt outweigh the delay and additional cost.

Reaction score
Just got my 1st mac yesterday (very happy btw)

2.1GH MB White (refurb from apple)

4GB RAM from Crucial (awaiting delivery)

Ill be buying applecare next cheque, didnt need all the extras like carry cases etc as I have one. ill probably buy a backup macsafe adaptor soon too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so another dumb question...people get their RAM upgraded soooo can people get their harddrive updated too?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
so another dumb question...people get their RAM upgraded soooo can people get their harddrive updated too?

Yes you can. It's super easy to do it on a MB too. Just need to make sure you get a SATA 2.5" HDD and that it's 9.5mm high.

I got a HP printer for a penny when I bought my MB and an iPod Touch 8GB for free, with the rebate. I had to buy a 320GB HDD and a USB external 320GB HDD, Invisible Shield for the MB and iPod, and 4GB of low latency RAM IE. Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR2 667Mhz CAS 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53ghz, 4gb RAM, 320gb HD, 512mb vid card.
15" MBP
2.53ghz Intel Duo Core
4gb ram
320gb HD
Free printer (with $100 rebate)
Parallels
Mini DVI - DVI cable

Then went shopping online and bought a Transcend 500gb mini external HD, downloaded Office 2008, Maya 8.5, and a whole bunch of movies to prep for 18 days of boredom in Kuwait while waiting to fly up to Baghdad and begin my 2nd tour there...

Reaction score
15" MBP Core Duo 1.83Ghz

- Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse
- Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
- Targus Neoprene Notebook Case

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.