iTunes Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, iPod Classic
I searched the boards and couldn't find a solution to the problem I'm having.

So sometimes iTunes can't find the album art for a particular album, or the art they put with that album is completely wrong. I figured out how to change the album art myself for each individual song - right click, get info, artwork tab, drag and drop. But when I select an entire album or all of the songs on that album and right click, get info - there is no artwork tab or summary tab with the artwork displayed. So my question is, how the heck do I manually edit the artwork for an entire album instead of going song by song? And I don't want to have to download some third party software - iTunes really should be able to do this by itself. If this is a silly question, I apologize!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Select all of the songs in an album, right click and hit Get Info. There should be a little box on the right side that says Artwork. Just copy and paste or drag the artwork into that box, hit OK, and you should be set.

OP
batsy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, iPod Classic
Select all of the songs in an album, right click and hit Get Info. There should be a little box on the right side that says Artwork. Just copy and paste or drag the artwork into that box, hit OK, and you should be set.

Hey, there it is! I was looking for a tab.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
You need to be a little careful with the key strokes used when selecting items tho,
if your wanting to add the same image to a whole album you need to hold the command key as you highlight each track, right click -> get info, then drag the image to the artwork spot on the main info window.

i found if just held shift and selected them, then added the image, it only had the artwork for the first track, not the whole album.

Reaction score
You need to be a little careful with the key strokes used when selecting items tho,
if your wanting to add the same image to a whole album you need to hold the command key as you highlight each track, right click -> get info, then drag the image to the artwork spot on the main info window.

i found if just held shift and selected them, then added the image, it only had the artwork for the first track, not the whole album.

That's quite odd, I thought the selection method ie. using shift or command key does the same thing. Shift just allows you to select a range, while command allows you to select items individually. I'll have to try this and see.

I also use the method above with copy and paste or drag and drop. Works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
i thought it was a little odd too, but when i read the itunes help again and did it again with command it worked on my ipod/iphone properly.
was a pain as i had to go and find all the coverart again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Never had issues with using shift to select a range. Can't seem to recreate that problem. How odd . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just realised perhaps i didnt describe the problem i had properly.
when using itunes, the whole album appeared to have coverart attached properly, regardless of method used to add the image, but i noticed when using my ipod/iphone then only the first track had the cover art.

anyways if its working for others using shift then doesnt really matter i guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.