Battlefield 1942 problems

P

Papadelta

I'm running a PB G4, 15" aluminum, 1.25 Ghz, 2 GB Memory, 64MB VRAM. Pretty slick machine. When I play the game, it seems sluggish and after I've played it for 15 or 20 minutes it definitely slows down. The mouse becomes jerky and I can't aim well. Obviously the G4 gets rather toasty (warm) by then also. I wondered if it had to do with the heat, but I don't think so.

Is it just that games like that don't run well on PBs? Or do I have another problem?

Thanks for the feedback.
:eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, there are several factors here I think:

a) Games often aren't optimized for OS X when they are ported from windows, so even higher-power macs have difficulties, nothing much you can do about that.

b) I think you're right in assuming that the heat is causing the slowdown after a certain amount of time - maybe try using your Powerbook with something like Griffin's iCurve. It's basically a stand for a laptop that has the benefit of allowing air to reach the bottom surface of the powerbook which improves the cooling process.

c) Also check that you have no unnecessary apps on in the background.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.