aiport express just for music help

Reaction score
hi... i am accessing my internet wirelessly through a dlink wifi.. i want to use my airport express just to stream music to my stereo.. can i do both.. surf the net on the dlink and stream music to my airport express?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, iPod Touch 32g, White Macbook, ATV2, iPad 32g, iPhone 4
I'm doing the same thing. Should be no problem. I use Airport Extreme for my house wi-fi, and added an Express to the network to stream music from my iMac to my living room stereo. Added the Remote app to my iPod Touch and it works flawlessly!

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hiya, similar question (if not the same).

I access the internet wirelessly using a shared connection for my block of flats (similar to how you access the internet in a hotel or a wireless hotspot). So I don't have a router of my own, but I would like to buy an Airport Express base station, solely for streaming my iTunes library to my speakers.

Is this possible?

Reaction score
I have just realised that I will have a problem trying to use AirTunes through Airport Express and access the internet, as they would be on two separate wireless networks. Is there any way around this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.