Windows

Reaction score
I have a macbook and I want Windows XP on it. I have a new mac and would like Windows XP. Is there a way I can get it on so it's the only operating system? I noticed volume controls on my keyboard as well as the command keys for leopard will they still work if i get XP and make it my dedicated operating system? Will it run smoothly and be stable? Please let me know your 2 cents and anything else I should know and may not know.

Thank you for you time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz Core 2 Duo MacBook Aluminum, 4gb DDR3 Ram, 250 GB Hard Drive
hmmm...what would the advantage be then if you are only running windows?

Why not just buy a pc and sell the MB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Why on earth would you buy a mac and then use windows as your ONLY operating system? You can do it by simply booting from the XP install disc and formatting your entire hard drive for XP. XP will be your only operating system if you do this.
However, I highly recommend running windows in a partition (a.k.a. Boot Camp), that way you'll have the best of both systems on one computer. If you give up OSX entirely, you'll lose a lot of capability with Apple products.

XP is very stable on the Macbook. OSX comes with all the necessary windows drivers to make all the gadgets on your computer work with 100% compatibility. I use OSX and XP both on my macbook, and it's a huge benefit to have both systems in a mobile platform. I think you'll discover the same thing if you give it a shot.

OP
A
Reaction score
Why on earth would you buy a mac and then use windows as your ONLY operating system? You can do it by simply booting from the XP install disc and formatting your entire hard drive for XP. XP will be your only operating system if you do this.
However, I highly recommend running windows in a partition (a.k.a. Boot Camp), that way you'll have the best of both systems on one computer. If you give up OSX entirely, you'll lose a lot of capability with Apple products.

XP is very stable on the Macbook. OSX comes with all the necessary windows drivers to make all the gadgets on your computer work with 100% compatibility. I use OSX and XP both on my macbook, and it's a huge benefit to have both systems in a mobile platform. I think you'll discover the same thing if you give it a shot.

I will use bootcamp, thank you for all your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
That's why we're here. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.