New to mac forums

Reaction score
I'm new relatively new to mac forums. I know a little about macs in general, but not enough to give tedious technical advice. I'm good with windows and ubuntu linux, but that's as far as it goes.
Is there any great advantage to being a part of the mac forum community when I have an old PowerPc G4? Are there a lot of members out there still using old macs like me?
I'm a member on the ubuntu forums and it's a fairly rewarding experience and I'm hoping to have a positive outcome from here.

-Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Welcome. There is quite a robust community of "older" Mac ie PPC users here. Do a search on G4, PPC, etc... and you'll get an eye full. Have fun.

OP
S
Reaction score
Great. I was hoping I wasn't alone in the dying breed of old mac users.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Of course you are welcome, your knowledge of Windows and Ubuntu will definatelly come in handy to many members.

As for G4 owners, I am one, and they voted me member of the month back in September!!

OP
S
Reaction score
Wow. I'm a little surprised. Everywhere I look, it seems Apple users are pushing the limits, as far as tech goes. I always read about folks trading in their old macs for the latest. But what about those like me who just don't have the money to buy a new mac? It's good to see a thriving community of dedicated PPC users.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Those 'old' macs just keep going and going, you find quite a few G4s around here and also people still getting useful life out of theimac G3s

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
there's also a lot to be said for this community in terms of the non-technical stuff. it is a very healthy, pg-rated forum, and well-meaning people are always welcome. come for the tech, stay for the pie!

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 Dual 1Ghz 1.5GB RAM 160GB HDD 10.5 Leopard
there's also a lot to be said for this community in terms of the non-technical stuff. it is a very healthy, pg-rated forum, and well-meaning people are always welcome. come for the tech, stay for the pie!

:D

There's pie?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Welcome Squeabs! I think you will find a ton of G4 or former G4 users on Mac forums. You will also find a ton of support for your OS, and the anything goes thread is a good place to get to know the people you are posting with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.